Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Day Yum!


Mother's Day Chicken Enchiladas

It is hard to think of Mother's Day and not think of my dad's wife, Ann.
She has COOKED her way into our tummys and hearts...to say that she is an
amazing cook and sweet friend is an understatement!

Each time that I fly home to Chicago, she always "hosts" a meal that leaves us all
stuffed and happy and feeling spoiled :)
She has also come to visit me in Washington and MADE IT FOR ME at
my home...with EXTRA to put in the freezer for later. YES!



I have been singing Ann's praises of her AMAZING enchiladas for years and
made the "mistake" of bringing some in to share with my friends at school.
Needless to say, my friends request Ann's Enchiladas for their birthday lunches every year!
That is O.K. with me, because I double the recipe and eat it TWICE :)

So my mother's day "GIFT" to you, my blogger friends, is SHARING this awesome recipe!
Yes...you will LOVE Ann too after eating these :)

3 cups shredded chicken
(I put chicken, water, and chicken bouillon cubes in my crock pot on low and have it cook all day. When I return from school, it is ready to be shredded with forks)

1 cup sour cream
1 cup diced cilantro
1 red pepper chopped
1-2 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1 can of chopped green chilis (heat depending on your taste)
1 1/2 t minced garlic
1 t cumin
1 package flour tortillas
1 jar salsa (medium or hot to your taste)
1/2 cup hot water


Mix cooked/shredded chicken, 1/2 sour cream, 1/2 cilantro, chopped red pepper,
1/2 cheese, garlic, cumin, and green chilies. Set aside



In your blender, puree salsa, water, remaining sour cream, remaining cilantro.
Pour a thin layer of the blended mixture to coat the bottom of the baking dish.
Take the mixture and spread down the center of the tortilla...I add more cheese and sauce and then roll.


Is your stomach rumbling already? MINE IS!




I put the remaining blended sauce on the top of the rolled enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees and about 25 minutes. I cover them with wrap.


Happy Mother's Day!
Love you, Ann :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment