Monday, March 28, 2011

Our Little Ones

This picture always gives me joy and maked me feel peaceful....
This little duck was incubated by Maddie a few years ago after her parents left her egg under the school playground at Evergreen.
I think about the great care that Maddie showed her vulnerable egg as she rotated her in the warm incubator three times a day.
I reflect on her excitement as she began to hear her baby duck "peep" inside the egg days before she hatched.
I smile as I remember how we danced and cheered watching her baby India fight her way out of her egg to meet her new "mommy".
I laughed as India imprinted onto Maddie and looked to her as her mommy....crying to be snuggling on her mommy's neck. Napping with each other feeling safe and secure.....
I was proud of  Maddie as she took extra care of her baby duckling, who was born with only one healthy leg. Maddie's arms were India's extra leg.
I worried along with Maddie the first looooong first night that India stayed outside in her new hutch. This hard decision came after India began to fly out of Maddie's room! (in the middle of the night)


As parents, we share strong emotions reflecting on our little "ones". Overwhelming sometimes! 

But through it all, we care, dance, cheer, laugh, worry, and are proud and excited for our babies.

Treasure each moment, guide and inspire....equip your "babies" for their flight with their wings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment